Sunday, December 14, 2008

Be grateful

The theme of the day, or rather yesterday, was to appreciate the things, the happenings of my life.

Not everything has to be "glass half empty". It can also be "glass half full".

But unfortunately, I've always been "glass half empty" sort of people. I've tried looking at things differently, trying to look at things from the good side of it. However, no matter how hard I tried looking at something positively, I'll just end up focusing even more on the negatives of it.

Today's theme is different. It's about being positive. It's about being grateful. It's about appreciating the things in my life, small or big.

1) Stop bitching about how much you don't like the life here. Appreciate that you're given a chance to live at a different country, learn different culture, learn different things.

2) Stop bitching about how difficult it is working here. Appreciate that you have a job in this time of the year where all companies are thinking of laying-off their staffs and minimising cost.

3) Stop bitching about how far you have to walk to work. Appreciate that you have an opportunity to exercise, to keep yourself healthy.

4) Stop bitching about how far your place is from a train station. Appreciate that you've found a place to stay, a safe place as well.

5) And above all, appreciate the chances that God has been giving to you, over and over again. You've disappointed your family members, your beloved, yourself, and most of all, God. So, appreciate the chances, including this one, to become better.

This is indeed what i've told myself, not once or twice, but many times over the years. But I still seem to struggle with it.

I'll still continue to tell myself to be positive, even after numerous times of failing, until one day, I'll be different.

No comments: