Friday, February 1, 2008

reason

This is a blog, where people write about their stories, their feelings, their opinions, their thoughts on just about anything. You can write about your friends' weddings, how ever good looking you are, and you can even write about how big, or how small, your dick is. I know one that writes about balls and coconuts....

So, naturally, when you write, you'll expect someone would read it. Now, maybe not many would read it, but at least, there's a chance of someone, accidentally or unknowingly, stumble upon your blog and reads about it. I'm hoping some would, eventually, stumble upon this blog...

I read a lot blogs, all sorts of blogs. Blogs written by friends, people i do not know and even my sister's blog. And sometimes, i wonder about the things these people write about. Some are really funny, e.g. osim ad by kenny sia, some are nothing but stupid (in my biased opinion)...

But irregardless of what these people write, one thing that i admire them is their ability to write. I, for one, am trying to learn to write.

Not just writing, but being able to write to intrigue, ok, maybe that's too much to ask. But at least i was hoping to be able to write what's on my mind.

This may seem easy to some, but definitely not to me. I have this writing block-- i don't even know if it's considered one-- i'm afraid what i write would offend others.

I've read comments by readers that sounds similar to a death threat, and some mild ones, that simply say "your blog sucks". And i've read the responses by the writers to all these comments, most of them would say "fuck you! this is my blog and i can write what i want! if you don't like it, don't read it!"

I know i would resort to such response if i ever get any cruel comments, but deep inside, i'm asking myself, whether this is really the way to do it. I mean, some comments may sound harsh, but they do have the right to voice their opinion just as the writers have the right to publish their writings.

So, i, again, asked myself if i'm able to take all comments graciously or not. And the answer is, i can't. I'm too stubborn and egoistic to ever admit that my writing sucks.

That's the reason why i do not update my blog often.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

at least you are still writing something, does it matter good or bad?

Cassandra W. said...

good :D

ThreeGuysOnegirl said...

No worry...U are far better than me..I totally agree to what u expressed over at this fantastic blog! I, for one, couldn't write as gratious as u are...bravo!